Lad's Pasta with Olive Oil & Garlic
sometimes I add Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese,sometimes capers,just depends on what I'm serving with it.
I like the butter flavor in pasta,but it can be omitted.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or any pasta
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 8-10 fresh garlic cloves,finely chopped
- 4-5 anchovies or anchovy paste to equal this amount
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c fresh parsley,minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan,heat olive oil,saute garlic until light brown,add anchovies or paste,pepper flakes and cook until anchovies melt or 1-2 minutes if using paste.
Add about 1/2 c cooking water and boil until reduced to a slightly thicken sauce, stir in parsley. Add butter and swirl around pan until butter melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper