Italian Shepards Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- potatoes, russets
- 4 clove
- butter and sour cream
- zucchini, medium
- onion, medium white or yellow
- 1 pkg
- 6 slice
- borden italian cheese
- 1 c
- shredded italian blend cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic pepper - to taste
How to Make Italian Shepards Pie
- 1Wash, peel, and slice potatoes. Boil with 2 cloves sliced garlic. Mash potatoes and garlic with butter, sour cream and season with salt, peppper, and garlic salt.
- 2Sautee chopped zucchini, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, and chopped onion over medium/high heat in butter, until tender. Season with garlic pepper.
- 3Cook Brats as directed on package. Let cool until able to handle and slice. (I cut them with kitchen scissors)
- 4In 9x13 baking dish spread mashed potatoes evenly, top with slices of Italian cheese, top with sautee mixture, Brat slices, and shredded cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven 10-15 minutes, or until cheeses are melted.