Italian Sausage Soup
I made it just for his taste buds.
(no green stuff and lots of meat)
He likes to pile it high in his bowl.
A Idaho man's soup.
- italian sausage links , removed from casings
- 1/2 to 1 lb
- bacon, chopped
- 1 large
- onion, choped
- 2 or 3
- celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large
- carrots, chopped
- 3 or 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick
- salt and pepper to taste (easy on the salt)
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- red potatoes, chunked
- 1 can(s)
- canned milk or half n half
How to Make Italian Sausage Soup
- 1In a separate pan, add chopped bacon and fry until crisp. Set aside
In a large pot, add sausage (removed from casings) and cook until done.
Remove from pot and set aside.
- 2Add onion, carrots, celery, butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3Return the sausage to pot with the cooked vegetables. Add chicken broth. Enough to cover meat and vegetables.
Bring to a boil and lower temperature to simmer.
Cook until carrots are done. (The smaller the carrots are the quicker they are done).
Add potatoes, simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add the canned milk or half n half after the potatoes are done, and keep on low heat until you are ready to serve.
- 4You may add washed and trimmed (chopped) kale (cut the stems out) to the soup for those that like a little more color.