- hot or sweet italian sausages
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 6 large
- sweet italianelle sweet peppers, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- sub rolls
How to Make Italian Sausage & Peppers sub, Upstate NY Feast Style
- 1Heat oil in skillet and cook sausage, turning frequently until brown all over, about 10 minutes.
- 2After another 2 minutes, add peppers, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Lower heat and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add sausage to sub and top with pepper mixture. Optional--top with marinara, mozzarella or grated cheese and broil until bubbly. Mangiare!!!!!