- 1 ea 28 oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes (can use "fire roasted" if you desire)
- 3/4 c
- chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 lb
- italian sausage links, cut into 1/2" rounds
- yellow or white onions, chopped
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1-1/2 c
- uncooked orzo pasta
- 3/4 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- shredded fresh parmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Sausage Orzo Oven Bake
- 1** Preheat Oven to 400 deg. F.
** Place Italian sausages, onions and bell pepper in a shallow 9x13” or so oven baking dish. Drizzle with little bit of olive oil.
- 2** Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and drain off any fat.
** Drain canned tomatoes, saving juice
** Mix together chicken, beef, or veggie broth plus juice from tomatoes to equal 3 cups
** Add drained tomatoes, 3 cups broth/tomato mixture, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir and scrape to release any browned bits on bottom of pan.
- 3** Bake mixture about 15 min. until broth/tomato "juice" boils
** Add orzo to pan, stir to blend and incorporate orzo well into the hot liquid in pan.
** Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake about 20 additional minutes until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
** Remove from oven, uncover. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese. Bake for 2 minutes more, uncovered, until cheese melts.