Italian Ham and Cheese Omelet
Feel free to vary the ingredients. We used leftover Christmas ham in this one (a honey-baked ham), but Prosciutto Cotto (Italian cooked ham) is another option.
1/2 tspdried italian seasoning
1 dash(es)salt and pepper
1 Tbspbutter or olive oil
1/4 cshredded sharp cheese
1 1/2 ozham, chopped
1 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Ham and Cheese Omelet
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter or heat the oil in a 9" skillet over a (lowish) medium flame.
- When heated, pour the eggs into the pan. Lower heat to prevent burning. Shake pan to prevent sticking. Lift up edges of omelet to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath.
- When eggs are partially set, sprinkle in grated cheese and the ham. Keep cooking until eggs are softly set in the middle of the omelet. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
- NOTE: It helps if you cover the pan while it's cooking, as the steam cooks the top of the omelet. But check it every few seconds to prevent scorching or over-cooking.
- Fold Omelet over by about 1/3. Flip pan to turn out on plate, folding over the other 1/3, for a rolled omelet effect. Cut in half to serve.
- For a calorie-reduced, weight watchers friendly version of this dish, see my "Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet."