Italian Ham and Cheese Omelet
Feel free to vary the ingredients. We used leftover Christmas ham in this one (a honey-baked ham), but Prosciutto Cotto (Italian cooked ham) is another option.
- 2 large
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 1 dash(es)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or olive oil
- 1/4 c
- shredded sharp cheese
- 1 1/2 oz
- ham, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Ham and Cheese Omelet
- 1Whisk together the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- 2Melt the butter or heat the oil in a 9" skillet over a (lowish) medium flame.
- 3When heated, pour the eggs into the pan. Lower heat to prevent burning. Shake pan to prevent sticking. Lift up edges of omelet to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath.
- 4When eggs are partially set, sprinkle in grated cheese and the ham. Keep cooking until eggs are softly set in the middle of the omelet. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
- 5NOTE: It helps if you cover the pan while it's cooking, as the steam cooks the top of the omelet. But check it every few seconds to prevent scorching or over-cooking.
- 6Fold Omelet over by about 1/3. Flip pan to turn out on plate, folding over the other 1/3, for a rolled omelet effect. Cut in half to serve.
- 7For a calorie-reduced, weight watchers friendly version of this dish, see my "Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet."