- boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 c
- fresh spinach
- 1/2 c
- lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/8 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 dash(es)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- 26 ounce spagetti sauce
- 4 oz
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg
- any shape pasta (i like bowties or spirals)
How to Make Italian Chicken Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder and brown in the oil.use medium high heat,three minutes per side.
- 3while chicken is browning,rinse spinach and tear into smaller pieces.Put it in a microwave safe bowl,add 1 tbsp. of water,cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- 4Drain spinach well.
- 5Mix in ricotta cheese and seasonings with the spinach.
- 6Place chicken breasts on top of sauce
Spoon 1/4TH of ricotta cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- 7Spoon one tbsp. of the sauce over each cheese-covered chicken breast.
Place a slice of the Mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes.
Cook pasta as directed in package.Serve as a side with remaining sauce,heated.
- 9Serve with crusty bread or rolls and a salad.