Italian Black Olive Bread
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
3 cbread flour
2 tspactive dry yeast
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 tspitalian seasoning
3/4 cchopped italian black olives
1 1/4 cwarm water
1 Tbspcorn meal
How to Make Italian Black Olive Bread
- In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, black olives, olive oil, and water.
- Turn out dough on a floured board.
- Knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size and punch down.
- Knead for another 5 to 10 minutes an let rise for 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- Round the dough on kneading board. Place dough upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel. Let rise again until double in size.
- While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- Gently turn loaf out onto a cookie sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
- Bake loaf at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes, or until done. Serve warm with butter or cool and serve with any dish. Store in an air tight bag or container.
- NOTE: To make bread artisan slits, before baking gently run knife a few times on top of bread to cause dough to split, this will provide that split look on the bread while baking.