Italian Black Olive Bread
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 3 c
- bread flour
- 2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 3/4 c
- chopped italian black olives
- 1 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1 Tbsp
- corn meal
How to Make Italian Black Olive Bread
- 1In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, black olives, olive oil, and water.
- 2Turn out dough on a floured board.
- 3Knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size and punch down.
- 5Knead for another 5 to 10 minutes an let rise for 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- 6Round the dough on kneading board. Place dough upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel. Let rise again until double in size.
- 7While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- 8Gently turn loaf out onto a cookie sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
- 9Bake loaf at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes, or until done. Serve warm with butter or cool and serve with any dish. Store in an air tight bag or container.
- 10NOTE: To make bread artisan slits, before baking gently run knife a few times on top of bread to cause dough to split, this will provide that split look on the bread while baking.