- 8 slice
- 1" thick, white bread (country, french or italian works too!)
- 2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- 16 - 24 slice
- monterey jack cheese, or whatever cheese you desire
CHEESY GARLIC TEXAS TOAST:
How to Make Homemade Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, add salt, oregano, garlic & parsley; mix to combine; set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish (cooking times will vary).
- 4Spoon about 1 tbsp of the melted butter over each slice of bread, using a pastry brush to spread the butter evenly.
- 5Sprinkle each slice with garlic mixture. Bake 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden & crispy.
- 6CHEESY GARLIC TEXAS TOAST:
Can add 2 - 3 slices of monterey jack cheese (each) the last 2 minutes of cooking time.