Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
Fridays, are our dinner nights with our daughter and son-in-law. Recently, I made homemade pizza. We had 2 stuffed cheese crust deep dish and a pepperoni. I made the dough for the crust with 1/2 unbleached flour and 1/2 whole wheat. To make 2 deep dish and one pepperoni pizza, I made 2 batches of dough.
- 3/4 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic, minced or powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning (we love it)
- pieces of mozarella string cheese (for stuffed crust)
- tomato/pizza sauce
- shredded mozarella
How to Make Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
- 1In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water (I add a pinch of sugar) and allow to set until it begins to foam, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in salt, oil and half of flour.
- 3Gradually add remaining flour, mixing well. Knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 4Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise until double (1/2-1 hour) Punch down and let rise again until double. Punch down and divide.
- 5I made stuffed crust, which took six (6) pieces of string cheese. When laying out dough, push it up the sides of your pan about an inch. I used my cast iron skillet and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! Lay cheese sticks end to end, touching all the way around.
- 6Pull dough up and over cheese stick, gently pressing the dough to the bottom, sealing around the cheese.
- 7Top with your favorite sauce and your favorite meats, cheeses, and other toppings as desired.
- 8Bake at 350*F for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Show 25 Comments & Reviews