Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
1 1/2 cwarm water
1 1/2 tspsalt
4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbspgarlic, minced or powder
1 1/2 Tbspitalian seasoning (we love it)
6pieces of mozarella string cheese (for stuffed crust)
How to Make Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water (I add a pinch of sugar) and allow to set until it begins to foam, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil and half of flour.
- Gradually add remaining flour, mixing well. Knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise until double (1/2-1 hour) Punch down and let rise again until double. Punch down and divide.
- I made stuffed crust, which took six (6) pieces of string cheese. When laying out dough, push it up the sides of your pan about an inch. I used my cast iron skillet and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! Lay cheese sticks end to end, touching all the way around.
- Pull dough up and over cheese stick, gently pressing the dough to the bottom, sealing around the cheese.
- Top with your favorite sauce and your favorite meats, cheeses, and other toppings as desired.
- Bake at 350*F for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown.