Or make a pizza and a loaf of french bread.. or a nice round loaf to take to your next party filled with dip
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cwarm water
2 pkgactive dry yeast
7 call purpose flour
How to Make Homemade Pizza
- Add the water,yeast,sugar,oil and salt to bowl,stir well and let stand for 10 min
- Add 5 cups of the flour and mix with the dough hook until mixed well
- Add the remaining flour and mix a few min with dough hook until mixed together
- Put dough into a well oiled deep bowl, cover loosely with a plastic grocery sack and let rise for an hour, this will really rise up..
- Flour your hands really well and Then punch dough down a few minutes and divide in half
- Brush veg oil on botton of your pizza pan/cookie sheet..this makes a really nice crusty botton..
- Stretch the dough out.. you can roll.. and roll and roll it..it just wants to spring back.. I just stretch it.. it will tend to stretch back... let it rest for a few min and come back and stretch out a little more.. give another rest and continue until you have it stretched over the pans... don't worry you aren't going to hurt it..
- now if you use a large cookie sheet it the dough may look thin to you at this time.. but no worry this will rise on the second rise and also in the oven
- after you have your dough in your pan.. brush some veg or olive oil all around the the top and the edges.. make a nice cripsy crust
- Just a note I really encourage adding the veg oil brushed on the top and bottom... you won't have a dried up crust.. just my preferance
- Let rise 45 min to an hour until
- Now your ready to add your favorite pizza sause and toppings
- Bake at 350 until done... after about 1/2 hour i put some foil loosely on top... the top tends to cook faster...than the bottom so this will give your pizza a chance to cook more on the bottom for a crispier crust.. I check every 10 min or so until the botton has a nice golden brown crust.. when ready I take the foil off the top and continue cooking the top
- When I make our pizza sause , I throw a few jars of our canned tomatoes in the food processor to chop up a bit...add some spices and then simmer a few hours until thickend..
- This one can be made ahead of time.. If I want to make a loaf of bread one day.. I'll stretch the other half of dough for a pizza for the next day.. just put in frige before the second rise and take out when ready let rise for 1 hour to and 1 1/2 hour as the pizza is chilled and may take longer
- also freezes well and store in frige well.. Always freeze and refrige BEFORE 2nd RiSE