Homemade Pizza (Italian Bread Pizza)
- loaf of italian bread, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 jar(s)
- pizza sauce (storebought..your favorite brand)
- 8 ounce package shredded mozzarella or italian blend cheese
- toppings of your choice--pepperoni, canadian bacon, sausage, chopped onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, etc
- crushed red pepper and grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Homemade Pizza (Italian Bread Pizza)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice Italian loaf in half lengthwise. On a cookie sheet, cut side up, spread evenly the pizza sauce on both halves. Use as much as you like. Some prefer more than others... Top with the shredded cheese. Use plenty! Using an 8 ounce package, you will have enough. Spread out to within half an inch of the edge of the bread.
- 2Then top with the toppings of your choosing. In the photo, I used Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, chopped onion and chopped golden sweet bell pepper. But you may add whatever you prefer. Get creative! :-)
- 3Place in the oven (center rack) and bake for about 30 minutes. Then increase heat to 425 degrees and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until your pizza is as browned as you like it. Remove from the oven, slice and serve! Serve with crushed red pepper and grated parmesan cheese (optional).