★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.25 cwarm water
1/4 cvegetable oil
3.5 call purpose flour
1/2 lbground beef
1onion, finely chopped
15 oztomato sauce
1 Tbspdried oregano
1 tspdried basil
1green bell pepper, diced
2 cmozzarella, slices
How to Make Homemade Pizza
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and salt.
- Stir in flour, a cup at a time, to form soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown beef and onion.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide in half.
- Press each into a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil.
- Spread over each crust.
- Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Yield 2 pizzas.