★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbshaved ham
8 ozspaghetti cooked according to package directions
8 ozbutton mushroom, sliced
1 tspgarlic powder
4 - 6 chalf and half
·salt and pepper to taste
3 cparmesean cheese
How to Make Ham Tetrazinni
- Preheat oven at 350. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Saute mushrooms and onions in the butter until onions are translucent and the mushrooms are beginning to brown. Sprinkle the garlic powder on the mushrooms and onions. (Adjust garlic to suit your own taste or even use fresh crushed garlic if you want.)
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom/onion butter mixture. Stir to evenly distribute the flour. Then slowly add the half and half stirring the entire time. Continue cooking until thick and bubbly. Add more half and half if the sauce becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Sometimes I add a bit of chicken bullion to add another layer of flavor.)
- Put the cooked spaghetti into a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Toss with garlic powder (or crushed garlic if you prefer), Parmesan cheese, and salt to taste.
- Pour a couple of ladles of sauce over the spaghetti as well. Now begin the layering. Put a layer of shaved ham on top of the spaghetti. A couple of ladles of sauce. Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Repeat 2 to 3 times. Finish the last layer with extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. The Parmesan cheese will be a wonderful golden brown crust of deliciousness. Let it sit for a bit if you can. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.