Ground Beef Risotto
Add a Caesar's or nice green salad, some good Italian bread, and you have a wonderful feast for four.
1 lbground beef
1 smallonion, chopped, about 1/4 c.
2 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 cuncooked arborio, or long grain, rice. i use arborio
3-1/2 cbeef broth
1/2 ccarrot, shredded
1/2 cparmesan, shredded (it's fine w/grated too)
3 Tbspchives, fresh, chopped
How to Make Ground Beef Risotto
- In a 12" nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, and pepper over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is cooked through. Drain thoroughly.
- Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in broth and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shredded carrot. Cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cheese. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.