Ground Beef Risotto
Add a Caesar's or nice green salad, some good Italian bread, and you have a wonderful feast for four.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, chopped, about 1/4 c.
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- uncooked arborio, or long grain, rice. i use arborio
- 3-1/2 c
- beef broth
- 1/2 c
- carrot, shredded
- 1/2 c
- parmesan, shredded (it's fine w/grated too)
- 3 Tbsp
- chives, fresh, chopped
How to Make Ground Beef Risotto
- 1In a 12" nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, and pepper over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is cooked through. Drain thoroughly.
- 2Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add in broth and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in shredded carrot. Cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cheese. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.