The only dough I don't recommend for this is the pizza dough that comes in a can. It just doesn't come out the same.
- 1 lb
- pizza dough, freshly made or store purchased
- 2 large
- roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- fresh mozarella, sliced thin
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2 clove
- fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- dried italian seasoning, salt free
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Grilled Pizza
- 1Begin by either spraying your grill with a non-stick grill spray, or brush it with some olive oil.
- 2Turn on the grill and get it heated to around 375/400 degrees.
- 3While the grill is heating, add your sliced tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and spices to a large bowl, mix it well, and set to the side.
- 4Take your dough and cut it in half. Work each half into the desired shape and thickness you prefer.
- 5Position both pieces of dough on the grill and allow to get crispy and brown on one side. Move the dough around if necessary if you have hot spots on your grill so it will brown evenly without burning.
- 6Once the dough is done on one side, flip it over and lay out your tomato mixture, place the slice mozzarella on the top and drizzle with a little of the oil and vinegar left in the bowl.
- 7Grill until crispy. Once done, turn off the grill, and close the top. Allow the pizzas to sit for a few minutes in the warm grill to get the cheese nice and melted.
- 8Remove, slice and serve immediately.