Grilled Cheese Pizza Style
- 10 slice
- bread, white, whole wheat, sourdough, your favorite
- 1 c
- butter, soft
- 2-3 ea slice
- cheese, american, med cheddar, colby, havarti, your favorite
- 1 can(s)
- tomato, sauce, paste,soup
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder with parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- basil, dried
How to Make Grilled Cheese Pizza Style
- 1In a small bowl, mix together 1 8oz can tomato sauce/paste, add oregano, basil, garlic, & onion powder. mix well, set aside. Get out 2 slices of bread per each sandwich
- 2Prepare your cheese, sliced or shredded, onto a plate ready to put on bread slices. Heat griddle or large bottom fry pan over med high heat.
Spread butter on 1 side of the bread and place in heated pan, butter side down. place 1 slice prepared cheese onto the bread.
- 3Place a spoonful of tomato mixture on cheese and spread just a little, top with another piece of cheese and 1 more slice of buttered bread, butter side up. Let buttered bread toast until light brown. Flip sandwich, carefully, cover pan with a lid, large enough to not smash sandwiches. Cook until bread is nicely browned and cheese is melted. Remove from pan, place of level cutting board and let cool. Cut into desired shape, serve and enjoy.
- 4I have sauteed sliced mushrooms and onions, seperately and added them onto the cheese just after the sauce.
Can add other Pizza toppings if desired.