Grandma's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
1 can(s)crushed tomatos (recommend target brand)
1 can(s)tomato puree (recommend target brand)
2 can(s)small cans of tomato paste (recommend target brand)
2 Tbsporegano, dried
1 Tbspparsley, italian
3 Tbspgarlic powder
1 sprig(s)bay leaf
1 mediumonion, whole (skin removed, top and bottom sliced flat)
1 Tbspbasil, dried
1 dash(es)extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Grandma's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Pour the cans of crushed tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato paste into a large stockpot. Fill up the empty puree can with water and add to stockpot.
- Cut ends of onion & peel. Put in stockpot whole.
- Put stockpot on stove & turn on high. You will want the sauce to just begin boiling and then you can turn it down to low.
- Add rest of ingredients while sauce is heating up. Stir well once everything is added.
- Sauce will thicken as you cook it. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get.
- I will often divide the sauce up into freezer bags or stackable tupperware and put into the freezer for easy dinners at a later date.
- I recommend adjusting the herbs to your own taste. This does not taste anything like a canned sauce! However, it is very healthy! Add meat, more garlic, veggies, cheese, cream, etc for each specific meal. Let me know what you've tried and what you think of the sauce!! Thank you!