Grandma's Baked Spaghetti
- 1 lb
- thin spaghetti i use ronzoni #9
- 16 oz
- shredded cheese usually sharp cheddar and provolognee
- 1 jar(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 can(s)
- tomato puree
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/4 stick
- freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Grandma's Baked Spaghetti
- 1. Cook spaghetti as usual, and put one layer in greased Pyrex dish
2. Spoon tomato sauce and tomato puree to evenly cover pasta
3. On top of sauce covered pasta, sprinkle half of the shredded cheese. I add fresh grated parm to the cheese mixture and I probably use too much cheese, but we like it cheesy!!
4. Put another layer of pasta on top of the cheese
- 25. Cover again with sauce and puree
6. Put the remaining cheese mixture on top
7. On top of the cheese spread a thin layer of bread crumbs which will bake into a crust
8. Put thin slices of butter on top of the cheese among the breadcrumbs (4 or 5 pieces of butter)
9. Put the dish in the oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes – one hour
10. When the crust forms on the pasta and turns a brownish color, take it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. Have some fresh parm to sprinkle.
Eat up!! Definitely not low fat, but delicious!!