Gramma CAT's Quick 'N Easy Pizza Casserole
This dish goes very well when you are in a hurry and not wanting to make anything too fancy. My kids and grandkids love it, and even my significant other enjoys it. You can add other ingredients like pepperoni and black olives if you want or eliminate some if your family doesn't care for them.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 - 8
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 large
- green bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion - chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- pizza sauce - (ragu or contadina)
- 2 pkg
- mozzarella cheese - shredded
- salt and pepper
How to Make Gramma CAT's Quick 'N Easy Pizza Casserole
- 1Roll out 1 tube of the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together in a 9 X 13 baking pan. Pre-bake for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 2Brown the ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper. Season with a little salt and ground black pepper. Drain. Place the meat mixture over the pre-baked crescent rolls. Pour the pizza sauce over the meat mixture and then place the shredded cheese over the sauce. Top with the second tube of crescent rolls and bake at 375 degrees until the top crust is browned and the cheese is melted; about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with a green side salad and garlic bread if desired.