1 qtcanola oil
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
3/4 citalian bread crumbs
8egg roll or spring roll wrappers
16thin salami slices, 2 1/2 inches in diameter
81-ounce individually wrapped string-cheese sticks
·marinara sauce, for dipping
·grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Fried Cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil to 325 degrees. Line a plate with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk thoroughly. In another shallow bowl,combine panko and italian bread crumbs together.
- Dredge the sideof an egg roll wrapper in the egg wash. place the wrapper egg wash side up on a work surface and put 2 salami slices into the center of the wrapper, toward the edge closest to you.
Place 1 cheese stick on top of salami. Roll wrapper edge closer to you over filling. Tuck in the ends and continue to roll until you have a egg roll shape.
- Dredge the rolled wrapper in the egg wash again and thoroughly coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. (the roll can be frozen for future use at this point.)
- Add 1 to 2 rolls to the oil at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook them or cook them on too high temperature, as the wrap may explode. transfer the fried cheese rolls to the paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately with marinara sauce. Garnish with parmesan and parsley, if desired.