- 1 qt
- canola oil
- 2 large
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 c
- italian bread crumbs
- egg roll or spring roll wrappers
- thin salami slices, 2 1/2 inches in diameter
- 1-ounce individually wrapped string-cheese sticks
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Fried Cheese
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil to 325 degrees. Line a plate with paper towels.
- 2In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk thoroughly. In another shallow bowl,combine panko and italian bread crumbs together.
- 3Dredge the sideof an egg roll wrapper in the egg wash. place the wrapper egg wash side up on a work surface and put 2 salami slices into the center of the wrapper, toward the edge closest to you.
Place 1 cheese stick on top of salami. Roll wrapper edge closer to you over filling. Tuck in the ends and continue to roll until you have a egg roll shape.
- 4Dredge the rolled wrapper in the egg wash again and thoroughly coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. (the roll can be frozen for future use at this point.)
- 5Add 1 to 2 rolls to the oil at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook them or cook them on too high temperature, as the wrap may explode. transfer the fried cheese rolls to the paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately with marinara sauce. Garnish with parmesan and parsley, if desired.