Fresh Tomato Pizza
With the Pita bread the calories only come to 295 so its a great healthy snack.
Found in a healthy eating for two recipe book.
- pita bread, flour tortillas, or small pizza crust
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- to taste
- dried or fresh basil or oregano
- 1/4 c
- thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 c
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium
- thinly sliced tomato
How to Make Fresh Tomato Pizza
- 1Preheat the oven to 500*
- 2Brush the pitas with the oil on both sides; place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the basil or oregano.
- 3Separate the onion slices into their individual layers. Arrange the toppings in the following order: Onions, mozzarella and tomatoes (which will keep the cheese from scorching).
- 4Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes look dry and the cheese begins to brown.