French Country One Pot
With every bite some kind of meat..
1onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
1 cloveclove garlic, crushed
1/2 lbfresh italian sausage
1/2 lbregular or reduced-fat fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
1 oz15-ounce can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
1 oz15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
1 oz14-1/2-ounce can regular or salt-free stewed tomatoes, undrained
2 Tbspdry white wine, optional
2 tspbrown sugar
1 tspdried oregano
1 tspdried thyme
How to Make French Country One Pot
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until onion is softened.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley. Mix gently then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes then uncover and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors
- Garnish with parsley or scallions, if desired, and serve.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause the sauce is the best part.