★★★★★ 1 vote5
1loaf of french/italian bread (unsliced)
1 jar(s)marinara sauce (i use emeril's)
1 pkgprovolone cheese
·olive oil, extra virgin
·optional toppings: italian sausage, muchrooms, etc
How to Make French Bread Pizza
- Set your oven to broil on low or medium.
(Optional: A grill works great for this recipe too!)
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
(If using a grill, simply lay the foil on the grill without a baking sheet)
- Slice the loaf of break in half long ways (like a hot dog bun). Spread the bread open and lay it out on the baking sheet.
- Spread olive oil over the inside and sprinkle with garlic powder.
If you don't like the taste of olive oil, butter can be used instead.
(My husband and I like the garlic flavor so I'm pretty generous, but do it to your flavor preferences).
- Place the baking sheet with the bread into the oven and allow it to become golden brown.
- Remove bread from oven and spread marinara over the bread. Layer on the pepperonis, and then the slices of provolone. I use all of them, you can use less.
I prefer putting my toppings under the cheese but you can layer on top if you like. Provolone can be substituted for other cheeses, sliced or shredded. Most often I cook up some italian sausage and sprinkled this over the pepperoni before adding the cheese then slicing mushrooms on top. Sprinkling a little more garlic and italian seasonings is also a tasty touch.
- Put the bread back into the oven and let it broil until the cheese begins to bubble/brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set 10 or so minutes. Slice up and serve.