Francesca's Italian Stew
- 1/4 lb
- smoked sausage cut into1/2 inch slices
- 2 c
- 2 c
- artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- large onion, diced
- cloves garlic, minced
- medium red potatoes, cut into 1 inch squares
- red pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp
- small amount of oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Francesca's Italian Stew
- 1In a small amount of oil, saute' onion and garlic until aromatic.
- 2Stir in sausage, potatoes, and pepper. Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- 3Add artichoke hearts for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Once potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat.
- 4Serve as is, with crusty bread or rice.
- 5*Note: You can eliminate ingredients from this recipe and it still tastes amazing. The important ingredients are the potatoes, sausage, and artichoke hearts. To really enjoy this meal, make sure that the sausage and potatoes are tender. If you don't want to add the minced garlic, you can try using garlic powder(1/4 teaspoon), and if you don't like red pepper you can eliminate that as well. This is the kind of meal, you can make it your own.*