- 1 lb
- 3 heaping Tbsp
- parmesan or romano grated cheese
- 1/4 c
- breadcrumbs; 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley and 1 minced clove of garlic
- cooking oil to cover bottom of skillet
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, cut into pieces desired and 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 2 large can(s)
- whole tomatoes
- 2 8-oz can(s)
- tomato paste
How to Make Favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- 1Mix all meatball ingredients, moisten with small handful of water and then roll into medium sized balls and fry until almost done. Remove from pan.
- 2Fry sausage pieces and garlic cloves until nicely browned. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook tomato paste in the pan used for browning meats for a couple of minutes.
- 4Empty tomatoes into a saucepan (I like a smooth sauce, so I blend them in a blender first). Otherwise, break up tomatoes with a spoon. Bring to a soft boil, turn down to a simmer and add the tomato paste to the simmering tomatoes.
- 5Add the sausages, garlic cloves, meatballs and season all with a couple pinches of basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Simmer for 2 hours partially covered and stir once in awhile.
- 7Be careful when stirring not to break up the meatballs.