EZ Spaghetti Squash Italiano
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce, meatless
1 cricotta cheese, any kind
2 Tbspparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 clovefresh peeled garlic
1 tspitalian seasoning
2 Tbspred wine (optional)
1 sprig(s)parsley, fresh for garnish
How to Make EZ Spaghetti Squash Italiano
- Remove ricotta cheese from fridge, and scoop out approx 1 cup, separating into two equal parts. Return the balance of container to fridge. This is to allow the cheese to come to room temperature to make spreading easier and also so it won't cool the squash too much.
- Cut squash in half legthwise and remove seeds and tough strings. Steam squash in the microwave by covering each cut half with plastic wrap and placing in a container (cut side up) with about an inch of water.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes depending on wattage and size of squash. Remove and let sit a minute - don't get steam burns!
- While squash is being nuked, I heat a jar of the storebought spaghetti sauce - mushrooms, garden veggie or plain. Place in a saucepan with a fresh minced garlic clove or sprinkle of garlic powder. Add the Italian seasoning, and finely chop some 1 tsp? parsley tops reserving most for garnish, and bring to a simmer (can add 2 Tbls red wine) as long as you have time for.
- Handling squash carefully, I use a fork and run the tines lengthwise to get out all the strands. Plate squash as you would pasta, then spread 1/2 ricotta cheese over strands. Repeat with other squash half. Ladle sauce on top. Finish by sprinking parmesan cheese over all.
- Perfect to serve garnished alongside a green salad and a roll.