Escarole and White Bean Soup
How to Make Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Soak the escarole in water. Rinse and repeat. Make sure you clean it well, Escarole has a lot of sand typically so you want to do this several times.
- Once Clean - roughly chope the escarole. Saute in a pot with garlic and olive oil so the flavors combine.
- Cover the escerole with water and let it simmer. While the pot is simmering, clice the pepperoni. You can buy a bag of sliced but it may be two thin so I would still use a stick. My mother cuts the pieces in half.
- Add the chicken stock, beans and pepperoni to the pot and boil, then simmer for at least 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to tast.
- Serve in soup bowls. We add grated romano, red crushed pepper, and have think crusty bread for dunking in the broth.