Eggplant with Parmesan
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
6-8 largeeggplant (thin lengthwise slices)
3 largeeggs (beaten)
4 citalian bread crumbs
4 cmarinara sauce or spaghetti sauce with mushrooms (divided)
1 pkg(16oz.) mozzarella cheese (shredded & divided)
1 pkg(16oz.) parmesan cheese (grated & divided)
1/2 tspdried or fresh basil
How to Make Eggplant with Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes on each side.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.