By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 cseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cparmesan cheese
2 lbmarinara sauce
1 lbmozzarella cheese slices
1olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Eggplant Parmigiana
- Pare eggplants and cut in 1/2 inch slices; place in bowl in layers and sprinkle each layer with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain excess water; dry on paper towels.
- Mix egg with water and flour.
- Dip eggplant slices in mixture, drain slightly.
- Saute a few slices at a time quickly in hot olive oil.
- Combine seasoned bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- In removable liner, layer one-fourth of the eggplant, top with one-fourth of the crumbs, one-fourth of the marinara sauce and one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat three times to make four layers of eggplant, crumbs, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place liner in base.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or auto 3 hours.