By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 2 lb
- marinara sauce
- 1 lb
- mozzarella cheese slices
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Eggplant Parmigiana
- 1Pare eggplants and cut in 1/2 inch slices; place in bowl in layers and sprinkle each layer with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain excess water; dry on paper towels.
- 2Mix egg with water and flour.
- 3Dip eggplant slices in mixture, drain slightly.
- 4Saute a few slices at a time quickly in hot olive oil.
- 5Combine seasoned bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- 6In removable liner, layer one-fourth of the eggplant, top with one-fourth of the crumbs, one-fourth of the marinara sauce and one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese.
- 7Repeat three times to make four layers of eggplant, crumbs, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 8Place liner in base.
- 9Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or auto 3 hours.