My Mom, whom I loved dearly, was not the best cook. When I would come home from school, I would smell all kinds of delicious aromas coming from neighbors' homes. One day I asked a neighbor what she was making and that's when my cooking lessons began. This recipie was easy and became one of many meals my family enjoyed.
- large eggplant peeled and sliced very thin( i slice it in circles)
- 1 box
- italian flavored bread crumbs
- eggs, beaten
- 1/3 bottle
- vegetable oil
- 1 jar(s)
- marinara sauce or your own homemade sauce
- 2 pkg
- shreaded motzarelle cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesian cheese
How to Make Eggplant Parmesian
- 1Peel skin off eggplant. Slice very thin. I slice circles. Dip each circle in egg and then breadcrumbs. Fry in pan with HOT oil. Use a small amount of oil. When oil gets burned, drain and replace with fresh HOT oil. Keep frying all eggplant circles. Let them drain on paper towels.
- 2Prepare oblong pyrex dish. I use one that can bake a cake 9 X 11.Put sauce on bottom of pan just enough to lightly cover botton. Place layer of eggplant, then cover each eggplant circle with sauce, lightly, then spread shreaded motzarella cheese over all. Add sauce again, eggplant, cheese and keep layering until all eggplant is used. Top layer shoul be cheese. Sprinkle parmesian cheese on top and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour until all cheese has melted. Let set for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with pasta, garlic bread and salad. Serves 6-8 people. Great for company. Let me know how yours comes out.