This is my husband's favorite dish and my friend who had never had it before loved it...and even said after they ate this one, they tried it at Johnny Carino's and it wasn't nearly as good as mine :)
- 3 jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- bag shredded parmesan cheese
- large bag of mozzarella cheese
- plate of all purpose flour for breading eggplant
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Eggplant Parmesan
- 1Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle each slice, front and back, with salt and pepper and leave in a collander for about an hour to drain.
- 2Toss eggplant in flour to coat and fry until soft and lightly browned on both sides. Preheat oven to 350, grease baking dish and then spread small amount of tomato sauce to cover the bottom of a 9X13 dish. Cover sauce with a layer of eggplant; sprinkle with parmesan, salt and pepper; then a layer of mozzarella and repeat layers til dish fills up, but ending with mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 mins.