By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 slicebacon, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
2 Tbspparsley, fresh and chopped
1/4 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 citalian bread crumbs
1/4 citalian bread crumbs
How to Make Eggplant Casserole
- Cut eggplant in half; boil until tender, about 40 minutes, then drain.
- When cool, scrape out the pulp and remove most of the seeds.
- Cook bacon until brown; drain all but 1/4 cup grease.
- Add onion and garlic and cook slowly until onion is clear.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add to skillet the eggplant, parsley, Italian seasoning and thyme; cook about 5 minutes on very low heat.
- Add 1/2 cup crumbs; mix well and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Place in a buttered casserole. Dot with butter and sprinkle lightly with 1/4 cup crumbs.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until crumbs are brown.