★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large eggplant (peeled)
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- 16 oz.ricotta cheese
- oil for frying
- 4 eggs,large
- parmesan cheese
- garlic salt,to taste
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 32 ounce jar marinara sauce (any)
How to Make Eggplant Cakes
- 1slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Dry eggplant on paper towels.
- 3Mix 2 eggs in a bowl.
- 4place breadcrumbs into a dish.
- 5Heat oil for frying.
- 6MIX well ricotta cheese and eggs.
- 7Place about 2 tblsp. cheese mixture into middle of one eggplant slice.
- 8Top with one other eggplant slice,like a sandwich.
- 9Dip the eggplant sandwich into the egg-milk mixture.
- 10now dip into the breadcrumbs.
- 11Place each "sandwich"into the hot oil,fry on each side until golden brown.
- 12DRAIN WELL ON PAPER TOWELS.
- 13You can eat these now,or:
- 14Place sandwiches into a casserole dish.
- 15Cover all the eggplant cakes with your favorite pasta sauce.
- 16Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- 17I also like to top with mozzerella cheese and melt on top till golden brown on the top.
- 18I serve with a side of pasta and sauce