★★★★★ 1 vote5
·1 large eggplant (peeled)
·16 oz.ricotta cheese
·oil for frying
·garlic salt,to taste
·1 cup milk.
·1 32 ounce jar marinara sauce (any)
How to Make Eggplant Cakes
- slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Dry eggplant on paper towels.
- Mix 2 eggs in a bowl.
- place breadcrumbs into a dish.
- Heat oil for frying.
- MIX well ricotta cheese and eggs.
- Place about 2 tblsp. cheese mixture into middle of one eggplant slice.
- Top with one other eggplant slice,like a sandwich.
- Dip the eggplant sandwich into the egg-milk mixture.
- now dip into the breadcrumbs.
- Place each "sandwich"into the hot oil,fry on each side until golden brown.
- DRAIN WELL ON PAPER TOWELS.
- You can eat these now,or:
- Place sandwiches into a casserole dish.
- Cover all the eggplant cakes with your favorite pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- I also like to top with mozzerella cheese and melt on top till golden brown on the top.
- I serve with a side of pasta and sauce