DUTCH OVEN LASGNA
2 tspolive oil
1 ½ cchopped onion
6 clovegarlic, finely chopped
3 can(s)(16 ounce) no salt-added tomato sauce
3 can(s)(6 ounces) tomato paste
2 tspdried oregano leaves
2 tspdried basil leaves
1 tspdried marjoram leaves
½ tspblack pepper
·uncooked lasagna noodles
About 2 lbmozzarella cheese; grated
How to Make DUTCH OVEN LASGNA
- 1. Heat oil in 12 Dutch oven. 8 coals on the bottom. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bay leaves, oregano, basil, marjoram, honey and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. To bring to a boil have all of your coals on the bottom, 12. When you are ready to simmer remove all but about 5 coals and put the lid on the Dutch oven.
- 2. Remove and discard bay leaves,
- 3. Place a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the oven. Place uncooked noodles so they cover the sauce. You will need to break them to fit. Cover with enough sauce to cover. Put on a layer of grated cheese. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
- 4. Put 8 coals under the Dutch oven and 16 on top. This will be about 350 degrees.
- 5. Cook about 45 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Nutritional Information
2 ½ vegetable, 3 starch
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 289, Calories from fat < 1 gram, Total fat 3 grams, Saturated fat 3 gram, Protein 18 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 293 mg, fiber 3 grams.