I reheat in my slow cooker for parties as an appetizer or over a hearty pasta for a meal.
- italian sausage links (i.e. hot, mild or sweet)
- multi-colored peppers (i use red, yellow and orange)
- 1 large
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bottle
- red wine - 750 ml (i.e. chianti, merlot, whatever you have on hand that you don't mind cooking with)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste, smalll
How to Make Drunken Sausage
- 1Slow roast Italian sausage. Drain off grease and cool slightly. Slice diagonally.
- 2Clean and slice peppers into 3/4 inch slices.
- 3Clean and slice onion into 1/2 inch slices.
- 5Serve with slices of a crusty baguette, on a bomber bun or over pasta