DEEP DISH PIZZA by Freda
These are made in your 9" cake pans.
Top with all your Usual favorite toppings and you have made a Luscious Delightful Pizza.
Recipe May be a bit intimidating with all the steps,
(maybe a little Time consuming) But don't let it be.
READ directions, and follow STEP-BY STEP.
You'll be rewarded. You're sure to enjoy.
Hope You'll try this. . .& enjoy!
- 1 med
- baking potatoe (9 0z) peeled and quartered.
- 1 1/2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 Cups
- unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 Cup
- warm water (105-115 degrees) use thermometer
- 6 TBS
- veg. oil, (approx)
- 2 Tsp
- tomatoe sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- desired toppings (your choice)
PIZZA DOUGH CRUST
How to Make DEEP DISH PIZZA by Freda
- 1Boil Potato in water and cook 10-15 min til tender.
When potato is cool. grate on large holes of grater.
Measure 1 cup Lightly Pack,
( save any extra for another purpose)
3 cups flour, yeast, salt in mixer bowl.
ADD; Warm water & 2 TBS OIL. ( the other oil is for oiling the Pans)
Beat Mixture 1 minute,
ADD: Grated Potato, Beat another 3 min.
ADD: Remaning flour, to make a manageable dough.
- 3Turn out on floured surface, Knead 3 Minutes, or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour only as necessary to keep dough from sticking.
- 4Place dough in a bowl, Cover with a wet tea towel Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hr.
TIP:(I turn on the oven light and place it in my oven to rise) this works for me and NO drafts.
- 5Pour 2 Tbs Oil to 2-Round 9" cake pans, tilt pan and evenly cover with the oil.
Punch down, & divide dough in 1/2.
Press gently each 1/2 into round cake pans. Let dough rest at least 10 min, and then press up the sides of the pans.
NOTE:( I have never been able to do this successfully as the Oil mkes the Doug slide back down the sides of the pan) But the pizza's are Fine.
Cover Dough with wet tea towel,
Now let rise 30 min, or till soft and puffy.
Place a rimless pan (cookie sheet with no sides)in the oven on lowest oven rack.
Preheat Oven @ 425, with cookie sheet in oven.
- 6When Crust has risen, poke them all over with a fork, and place them in the oven,
bake @ 425 5-10 min.( I usually do 10 Min)
NOTE: this will help make some structure so the toppings don't make it go flat.
- 7Take Your Pizzas out of the oven.
Sauce, Cheese and desired toppings, Now.
BAKE; @ 425 10-15 minutes, or till cheeses melted.
Turn Pizzas 1/2 way thru as so bottoms don't get too brown. or Move to the Top of the oven and bake for 5 min, or till cheeses get spotty brown.
- 8To serve;
Loosen edges, with a knife, and remove from pans, to cutting board, and Cut into wedges.
Looks like a lot of work but really not that bad. Just follow the Steps and you'll really enjoy.