Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb
- mild italian sausage links
- large baking potatoes, cut in half then quartered
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- bacon bits (i use real bacon)
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c
- kale, (or swiss chard) chopped
- 16 oz
- can chicken broth
- 1 qt
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 1brown sausage links in pan. drain grease VERY well. cut links in half lengthwise, then in 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper, and onion in slow cooker.
- 3Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
- 4Turn the crock pot off and add the chopped kale.
- 5Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 6Add whipping cream and serve.