Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
1 lbmild italian sausage links
2large baking potatoes, cut in half then quartered
1/4 cbacon bits (i use real bacon)
3garlic cloves, minced
2 ckale, (or swiss chard) chopped
16 ozcan chicken broth
1 cheavy whipping cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
- brown sausage links in pan. drain grease VERY well. cut links in half lengthwise, then in 1/2 inch slices.
- Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper, and onion in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Turn the crock pot off and add the chopped kale.
- Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and serve.