★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.25 ozactive dry yeast
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Cooking Live Pizza Dough
- In a large bowl proof the yeast with the sugar in 1/3 cup lukewarm water for 10 minutes, or until it is foamy.
- Stir in an additional 1/3 cup lukewarm water, oil, 2 cups flour, and salt and blend mixture until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, incorporating as much of the remaining 1/4 cup flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Alternatively, the dough may be made in a food processor.
- Proof the yeast as de scribed above and in a food processor combine it with the remaining ingredients.
- Process the mixture until it forms a ball, adding more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if it is too dry, or more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, if it is too wet, and knead the dough by processing it for 15 seconds.
- Put the dough, prepared by either method, in an oiled bowl and turn it to coat it with the oil.
- Let the dough rise, covered with plastic wrap, in a warm place for 1 hour, or until it is double in bulk, and punch it down.
- The dough is now ready to be formed into pizzas.