CJ's Stuffed Pizza Bread
I used the scooped out bread to make a stuffed pizza bread casserole which will be lunch the next day.
- 1 lb
- hot sausage
- 5 oz
- 1 medium
- 1/8 c
- green olives
- 1 1/2 c
- pizza sauce
- loaf of italian bread or french bread
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil or cooking spray
How to Make CJ's Stuffed Pizza Bread
- 11. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook the sausage and onions together breaking apart the sausage into pieces.
3. While the sausage and onions are cooking, cut the bread in half. Once the bread is cut in half, scoop out the insides of the bread using a spoon (or a knife if you are not clumsy like me). Place both halves of the bread and the scooped out parts (even the crumbs) on a cookie sheet and brush with a little bit of Olive Oil or spray with cooking spray. Then place the cookie sheet in the oven for few minutes (just keep an eye on it) to just barely brown the bread so it doesn't get soggy when you put your filling in.
4. Meanwhile, cut up the pepperoni (you could also use sliced pepperoni and not cut it up) and olives and set aside.
5. Get the bread out of the oven it is probably ready :)
6. After the sausage is browned, turn the stove off and add in the pepperoni, olives, and pizza sauce and stir.
7. Grate the mozzarella cheese.
8. Place half of the mozzarella cheese in the pan with the other ingredients and stir.
9. Shake in a generous amount of Parmesan cheese and stir.
10. Scoop the pizza filling into the bread, you will have some left over.
11. Wondering what to do with the bread crumbs and scooped out part - throw it into a small casserole dish and cover the bottom with the bread.
12. Use the leftover filling and place it on top of the bread in the casserole dish.
13. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the stuffed bread and casserole dish to cover.
14. Put it in the oven and bake until cheese is melted (and browned just a little if you are like me).