This dish is quick, easy and so delicious. I serve it with fresh spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 call purpose flour
1 Tbspdried basil leaves
1 pkgsliced mushrooms (8 oz)
3/4 cmarsala wine
1/4 cred wine, such as cabernet
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
How to Make Chicken Marsala
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Cut each chicken breast in half and pound the chicken breasts thin, about 1/2 inch. Cut each in half.
- Mix flour, basil leaves and salt and dredge the chicken in the mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in the pan and when hot, add the chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they are tender and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add both wines and cook until the sauce thickens a bit and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.