The proper way to make smooth Carbonara sauce is to combine the beaten eggs with the grated parmesan, and then to pour that mixture onto the spaghetti once the spaghetti has cooled slightly (so that it's still hot, but so that the eggs don't cook and the cheese melts seamlessly into the eggs and pasta).
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 lb
- 4 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- 10 slice
- thick cut bacon
- 1/2 c
- italian salad dressing
How to Make Chicken Carbonara
- 1Marinate raw chicken breast in 1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing for approximately 1 hour. Roast in preheated oven for 40 min or until when pierced juices run clear. Set aside until chicken is cool enough to handle.
- 2Place Strips of bacon into oven during the last twenty minutes of cooking chicken. Once the chicken and bacon are done, put bacon aside also, crumble when cool enough to touch, reserve bacon grease.
- 3While chicken is cooling prepare 1 pound spaghetti according to package directions. Once pasta is 'al dente' reserve 1 cup of pasta water and set aside.
Beat the eggs and slowly add hot pasta water to eggs.
- 4Pour water and egg mixture over hot pasta and add grated cheese. While pouring mixture over pasta mix pasta with tongs to distribute evenly. After adding water and egg mixture pour grated cheese and mix in the same manner.
- 5Roughly chop chicken, crumble bacon and add frozen peas mix each ingredient in the same manner.Serve with crusty bread,and wine. ENJOY :-)