Chicago pepperoni pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 to 4 fresh or pickled jalapeno chiles, thinly sliced
- one quantity pizza dough, or one 10 inch pizza base.
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- four tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced smoked ham
- three quarter cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
How to Make Chicago pepperoni pizza
- 1preheat the oven to 450°. Brush a cookie sheet with oil. Seed the Chiles if you prefer a milder flavor.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter to a 10 inch round. Place on cookie sheet and push up the edge a little. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- 2Brush the pizza base with half the oil, then spread the barbecue sauce evenly over at almost to the edge. Arrange the tomato slices over the base and season with salt, then sprinkle with the smoked ham. Cover with the pepperoni slices, top with chilies, and sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and Golden. Serve at once. Serves 2 to 4