Caprese Salad Burger
This came about by accident one night when having burgers for dinner. I love Caprese salad, italian mozarrela cheese and tomatoes with basil and olive oil. When I decided to put this on the burger - WOW,,, It was great!
8 ozground sirloin
4 ozbarese sausage (made of beef)
3/4 pkgdry onion soup mix
4 sliceonion – grilled
4 slicefresh mozzarella cheese
2 sprig(s)fresh basil leaf
2 tspolive oil
1sprinkling of oregano
How to Make Caprese Salad Burger
- Mix ground sirloin with sausage taken out of casing
- Add dry onion soup mix
- Slice onion, wrap in foil with a pat of butter and put on grill
- Shape meat mixture into 2 patties
- Place on grill to cook approx 10 min per side - medium rare
- Put the ciabatta bread on the grill to toast slightly before burgers are ready
- Assemble the burger on the bread
- Top with slice of grilled onion, 2 slices of mozzarela cheese and 2 slices tomato. Alternate the cheese and tomato.
- Sprinkle with oregano and put one leaf of fresh basil on each burger.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of cheese and tomato and enjoy.