4 ozbleu cheese (prefer the cake style)
2 mediumtomatoes sliced very thin
1 mediumonion sweet sliced very thin
1/2 cripe olives pitted sliced thin
1 1/2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil drizzled
·dash of salt and pepper
·procure own favorite crust
How to Make Bleu Cheese Pizza Topping
- Procure a Pizza Crust and place on foil lined Pizza Platter which you have sprinkled with a little Corn Meal, it makes for a crispier crust. Note: I make my own Pizza Dough, but I have been using 8 or 10 inch Flour Tortilla Shells 2 ea. lightly oiled and stacked, for the crust, as a change for any pizza. It works for me, and I usually have them on hand. Try it.
- Slice the cake of Bleu Cheese then crumble coarsely. Slice the Tomatoes, Onions and Ripe Olives very thin. I find the Cake Style Bleu Cheese considerably more flavorful and usually of better quality than the crumbled.
- Rub Pizza Crust with EVOO, I use my hand or paper towel folded small. Layer on the Tomatoes, Onions and Ripe Olives. Salt very lightly, then scatter the coarsely crumbled Bleu Cheese atop. Drizzle on 1 to 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a dash of Salt and Black Pepper, Bleu Cheese is naturally salty so go scant with salt.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate pan 180 degrees at 12 minute mark to insure even baking. It's a lower temp than normal for most Pizzas. Crust may need a little more time.
- Remove from oven and let rest 2 or 3 minutes. Slice -- Serve -- Enjoy!
- Hint: Bleu Cheese melts easily and fast. You may want to cook Pizza 3/4 way through and then add the Bleu cheese sprinkled with additional Olive Oil.