BBQ PIZZA ON THE BBQ!
My Husband and I saw this made by Bobby Flay one morning and decided to try i our own way. But thanks to Bobby Flay our family loves this, especially my dad. I also use Soyrizo on one of the pizzas for my younger son who is vegetarian. You can also use your favorite bbq sauce in place of pizza sauce and put grilled chicken and red onion. The choices go on and on. I hope you enjoy.Oh I almost forgot I serve this with salad and Shutter Home Mescoto Wine.
★★★★★ 1 vote
- 2 lb
- pre made pizza dough ( from trader joes)
- 1 bottle
- olive oil, extra virgin
- sweet onion chopped
- 2 pkg
- guda, smoked cheedar, and motzeralla cheese (from trader joes)
- of each green, yellow, and orange bell peppers chopped
- jalepeno pepper chopped very fine
- 2 pkg
- trader joes pizza sauce
- 2 pkg
- pepperoni,copacola,and salami
- 1 pkg
- or in place of meats trader joes soyrizo if you want a vegetarian pizza
How to Make BBQ PIZZA ON THE BBQ!
- 1You first will want to remove your pre packaged dough from the fridge about 45 min before you are ready to start and set aside.
- 2Then start to saute your onion and peppers all together in about 3 Tbs. olive oil. I like to carmelize them a little, then set aside.
- 3At this point you will want to fire up the bbq, I use a gas bbq. While warming you can start to roll out your pizza dough, but before doing so cut your 1lb pizza dough in half. you will end up with four pieces because the dough comes in 1lb bags. You will want to flour a surface for this. I usally roll mine out into an oblong shape. This recipe makes 4 6pc pizzas.
- 4Once you have rolled out the first pizza you will brush it with olive oil on one side and take to the bbq and put oil side down. close lide and cook about 5-7 min. Then remove take back to kitchen.
- 5Now you will brush the uncooked side with oil and flip so the cooked side is up. Add your pizza sauce on the side you just cooked, then a layer of your carmelized peppers and onion, then a layer of your meats and last but not least you will top off with your cheeses.
- 6Take back out to the bbq on a flat cookie sheet and put on bbq raw side down and cook another 5-7 mins.
- 7Cut into 6 square pcs. with a large pizza knive and enjoy.