Baked Zucchini Pizza Bites
Well, I was getting ready to fry up the zucchini tonight and was thinking about how I could make it healthier without frying. I had made parmesan crisps before and thought if I greased the pan it just might work baking them first and then adding the sauce and cheese.
I am happy and very excited to say it worked and tasted yummy too.
In our home, we try to do "Meatless Monday's" twice a month at least and this was our dinner tonight with some toasted garlic bread.~~~my husband did say.."I want some pepperoni on here too" and I reminded him that it was a veggie version. lol
Even though it is light it is very satisfying meal for dinner.
I do hope you enjoy this healthier version of my Grammie's Zucchini Pizza.
- 4 - 6 medium
- zucchini and/or squash
- 2 jar(s)
- new york style pizza sauce (14 oz.)
- 1 pkg
- provolone & mozzarella shredded blend (the best)
- 2 c
- panko bread crumbs (plain or italian) approx.
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 - 3 medium
- this is approx. on amts as i did not measure anything. :-)
- pam to spary your baking dish
How to Make Baked Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1Wash and slice your zucchini. I sliced mine a little thicker for a "meatier" bite.
Place your eggs into a bowl and whisk them. In another bowl your bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Dip your zucchini into the egg and then bread mixture. Pat the bread onto the zucchini and have a nice thick breading on them. Place in another bowl. When finished place in a GREASED 9 by 14 pan.
- 9If you have leftovers, these are just served up for lunch or dinner. Heat a little oil in your skillet. Then, place your pizza zucchini in and cover with lid. Cook it for about 5 minutes and the bottom becomes all crunchy with the bread crumbs and cheese.