Baked Stuffed Eggplant
1 largeor 2 small eggplants
1/2 lbitalian sausage, hot
1/2 lbsliced mushrooms
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 cbread crumbs, dry
1 1/2 cmarinara sauce
1/2 cmozzarella cheese
1/4 cdiced onions
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Baked Stuffed Eggplant
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise. Place in open pan of boiling water, bottom side down, with water coming to about 3/4 of the way up on the eggplant. Boil until eggplant is just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown Italian sausage, garlic and onion in olive oil till browned. Add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, leaving burner on low.
- Remove eggplant from the water and core out the eggplant, leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge.
- Add additional eggplant to the sausage mixture and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
- Stuff eggplants with sausage/eggplant mixture. Top with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.