Baked Spaghetti Bread
- loaf bread dough, thawed or roll-out pizza dough
- 6 oz
- spaghetti, cooked
- 1 c
- thick spaghetti sauce (i use one with sausage in it already)
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- egg white
- parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
How to Make Baked Spaghetti Bread
- 1Roll out loaf into 12x16 rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes. I roll it out on a piece of parchment paper to make transferring it easier.
- 2Cook spaghetti according to directions for al dente. Drain and let cool slightly. Mix with sauce.
- 3Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-in strip down the center of dough. Top with cheese cubes. You can add 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage or ground beef (cooked) on top of this if you want.
- 4Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides of dough within 1/2 inch of fillings.
- 5Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left, etc. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under bread.
- 6Transfer to sprayed baking sheet or I just leave it on the parchment paper and transfer to sheet. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with parm, parsley, and garlic.
- 7Bake at 350 for 30-35 min or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, slice and serve.