☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 15 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- biscuit mix
- 1 large
- 1/3 c
- 8 oz
- cheese, grated
- 2 oz
- mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Baked Pizza Sandwich
- 1Use 1 8 ounce package of sliced processed American or mozzarella cheese.
- 2Heat the oven to 400.
- 3Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- 4Drain off the excess fat.
- 5Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the oregano leaves into the meat mixture.
- 6Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 7While the meat mixture is simmering, mix the baking mix, egg and the milk.
- 8Measure out 3/4 cup of the batter and set aside.
- 9Spread the remaining batter in a greased baking pan 9 X 9 X 2-inches.
- 10Pour into the remaining tomato sauce over the batter, spreading evenly.
- 11Layer 4 slices of the cheese, the meat mixture, the mushrooms and the remaining cheese on top of the batter and tomato sauce.
- 12Spoon the reserved batter on the top of the cheese.
- 13Sprinkle the batter top with the grated parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, until it is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 14Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.