☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
15 oztomato sauce
2 cbiscuit mix
8 ozcheese, grated
2 ozmushrooms, drained
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Baked Pizza Sandwich
- Use 1 8 ounce package of sliced processed American or mozzarella cheese.
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the oregano leaves into the meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, mix the baking mix, egg and the milk.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread the remaining batter in a greased baking pan 9 X 9 X 2-inches.
- Pour into the remaining tomato sauce over the batter, spreading evenly.
- Layer 4 slices of the cheese, the meat mixture, the mushrooms and the remaining cheese on top of the batter and tomato sauce.
- Spoon the reserved batter on the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the batter top with the grated parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, until it is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.